Monday, October 4, 2010

Rain Boots

The last time I was on my blog, I told the story of how I acquired my umbrella. Well, thanks to tropical storms causing Syracuse to be the fourth city in New England with the greatest rain in September, I have since bought rain boots.

Last Friday, I went to Target hoping to purchase rain boots. Thursday had been not stop, down pour and my sneakers where soaked. I got lucky and there was one more pair of boots, size ten, sitting there waiting for me to buy them.

Of course there was no rain all weekend, but now that I'm back to walking to campus or course there's rain. And I wasn't able to wear my rain boots today. My toesies are freezing and wet in my flats I'm wearing. So even though I am sad that I don't get to wear my boots today, I have a good reason why not.

This morning I had an "interview" for a Graduate Assistantship position. I wore dress pants and flats, not rain boots. Now this next week I start up my work as a graduate assisstant. I will be helping to review different cyber resources to help the professors in the iSchool. It should be interesting work, and will be great experience for my resume.

1 comment:

  1. I was at Target today trying on rain boots, and debating if I should get some. I didn't buy any, probably should have though before it gets too rainy around here. Oh, well. Your Graduate Assistant-ship position sounds pretty cool, good luck with that!

    ReplyDelete